Friday, June 10, 2011

Cold Hard Facts

So the darker side of life is this: medical situations involving each one of my kids and me have been out of control. Being that I was no longer able to afford my own insurance ($1250 a month, then $890 a month) and made just enough to not qualify for Medicaid, I ran up about $250,000 in bills.

Long story short, I've retained a lawyer to file for a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. And I'm battling to keep my home out of foreclosure.

It keeps me awake at night, to say the least.

6 comments:

  1. Dang man, that is hard. Bankruptcy cannot take your house, but the bank can. Hope you get some quick relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Hi Jimmy,
    This sounds terrible ... I sure hope it all turns around quickly. Hang in there.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lippy, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I wish there was something I could do. I can at least keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with and watch over you. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I pay $900 a month for insurance, & I realize I am lucky to have the funds to do so...I DON'T have to support children though, so my heart really goes out to you. I tried to send you a note at your (obviously old)address in H, NJ, but it was returned. Please know that I care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk to whomever you owe the money to. Maybe they can work with you or even write off some of the amount because you just can't pay it. You don't know until you ask. Don't be afraid to ask. Make sure your lawyer advices you on any other possible options you may have. Talk with the bank that finances your home. Maybe they can drop your interest rate, refinace to bring your payments down....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough Situation for any one. Hope your bankruptcy attorney will make things easy for you ans you can start again from starting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!