I've always maintained that the spoken word is the most powerful weapon, exceeding even the written word. I have no idea why I say that, but it's kinda looking good here right now.
I traveled with my own 3 kids, my oldest daughter's boyfriend, and 3 of my nieces. The ages range from 10 to 22 so the commentary was pretty varied. I became mindful of the little things I heard on my Florida visit, being conscious to write them down for later publication here. I heard some pretty funny stuff and thought I'd share my trip with y'all through those eavesdroppings. Here are a few:
- "I can't believe I have to announce 'PLEASE DON'T TOUCH MY UNDERWEAR!'"
- "If I eat 3 plates of this, I'll probably get sick"
- "Oooh how did you guys know they had side orders of bacon?" "It's called READING THE MENU!"
- "What State is Florida in?"
- "Florida's not so far if you live there."
- "Why isn't anyone texting me?" "Your phone's off"
- "Don't say 'amazing', Dad hates that word"
That's it for now...don't want to over-do it.