Wednesday, March 11, 2009

10

Everyone has at least one weak spot, that one person, song, thing that absolutely melts your heart. One of those is my 9 year old, who turns 10 today...my Girl, my Baby.

Her name is Theresa, but since the moment she was born, she's always been "Baby". And even at 10 years old, she still indulges me calling her that. In fact, the first words I ever spoke to her were, "hello Baby."

This child touches my heart every single time I'm by her. She's either very genuine, or has mastered the "Daddy's Girl" script down to the letter. She has made me unashamedly cry tears of joy, and no one, not anyone else on Earth, gives a hug like this child; warms you to the heart.

I have three children who each touch me in their own special way, but today is her birthday, and she gets to steal the spotlight today.

She came along at a very, very difficult time in my life. Yet because of those troubles, I was able to be home with her the entire first month of her life. Imagine experiencing a love so strong that it makes the pain of the most horrible illness simply go away. That love, that bond is still as strong today as the day it first formed.

I love her so much, and being alive today to share that love with her is a gift I know I have to thank God for.

So thank you God. And thank you "Baby". Happy 10th birthday.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your baby!!! Save this entry for her. It will mean a lot to her when she is grownup!
    lyb!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little girl!!

    You know what, even when she turns 19, you'll still feel the same way, believe me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!! SEND ME PICS LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!! LY Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Theresa a very happy birthday.

    And just remember...nobody puts Baby in a corner.

    How could I NOT say it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet..nothing like the love of a Dad for his daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you have your Baby. Your love for her comes through loud and clear every time you mention her. I'm sure she feels it just as loudly and clearly too. You're lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are, without a doubt, the greatest dad ever, Lippy.

    Happy birthday to Theresa!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Theresa!
    A very touching tribute to your daughter, Jimmy.
    Enjoy ~
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Your such a sweet Daddy.
    My baby is 25 yrs old, and I still call him "Baby Boy"
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Theresa and to you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your love for your Baby and all of your children shines through the words you have written ~ "Happy Birthday Baby" have a wonderful day ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!