Wednesday, April 04, 2007

COOL!

"COOL" then:

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven


"COOL" now:

What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps (Check it out)




Whew

7 comments:

  1. I hate that last song. Seriously--music has gone down hill. The obscenities, the explicitness, the immorality....so NOT 'cool'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I listen to country music and the oldies. The songs still tell stories and there's a lot of musicality involved. I can't do the twangy old country (or some of the new), but I think it's a better alternative. And yes, I listen to other stuff, too - just not crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I am SO with ya on that one!
    It makes me feel old when I don't "get" the newer music. But, hey, when you present it as you did, it sure makes me feel better!

    Grammy Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you watched this
    yet?

    Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I probably can't say much since I just sent out mix CDs with a Peaches song on it. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO!!! what happened to you, hehe!

    btw... first song... golden. second song, good example of the total trash that they try & pull off as "music". every freaking song my kid listens to (she likes this kind of music) is totally consumed with lewd sex acts!!

    not that every song out there has to have a "message" or anything, but come on, is there nothing on the minds of current day song writers then "gettin' some"???? there has to be a few out there who actually use their minds for something other than fulfilling jr. h.s. fantasies.... i hope anyway!

    just my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the Cool from "Then" compared to "Now" :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!