Monday, April 23, 2007

Do we?

Princess Diana died nearly 10 years ago. This summer, to mark that 10th anniversary, Tina Brown, the former editor of the New Yorker and Vanity Fair, is going to release "The Diana Chronicles".

My question is this: do we really need another book about Princess Diana, especially one that seems intent on further sullying the Princess' image? If you read and absorb every single word, how does that benefit you? I'm just curious why there's a need for this book.

Maybe I missed something.

I'm sure it will be a best-seller.

5 comments:

  1. The only book I would like to read would be the transcripts of the official, unbiased hearing into her death. Although I think the use of official and unbiased is a crock of ***p anyway as there will never be such a hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:01 PM

    I say, "Different strokes for different folks". There are plenty of books (and movies, and articles, etc) that I couldn't care less about..or even don't WANT to know about. It's all about variety I suppose. Yup...variety and distraction. "Whatever gets you through the night...it's alright..." (I'm in a musical kinda mood today)!

    Nancy
    http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Princess Diana. I remember watching her wedding on television -I must have been only 4 or 5. I even had a Princess Diana paper doll.

    But I have never had any desire to read one of these Princess Di tell-all type books. I'm sure though people will try to milk it for all it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't we just let her rest in peace?

    I've never had much interest in the Royal Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, it was sad how she died, but am I the only one that thinks she was kinda a media whore and a bitch? Maybe it's just me lol

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!