Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fan Mail

One of the biggest benefits that I get from this whole online blogging/journaling thing is that, by reading, I get to "know" people I'll probably never meet, but whom I would never known anything about were it not for this medium. And I get to do it in the best possible way: from the inside out. It's hard to explain to people that don't have anything to do with the whole blogging "movement", but reading the journals I do has become a labor of love for me.

There are some incredible minds behind my "to-read list". I try to read a select few at every opportunity, because some of them have something to say nearly every day. If I had my way, I'd gather them all into one big banquet hall and have the best dinner ever with them.

We know that's not likely to happen, but I'd really be happy if I could tell them all just how great it is to read the works of intelligent minds. I'm so grateful for the ability to enjoy the most beautiful part of the people whose words I read, because that's what the Internet has allowed us to do.

I just think it's pretty cool. But I also know that with the world as it is these days, you have to be very careful how much "goodwill" you share with an individual, lest you be branded a STALKER. But one of my biggest problems used to be that so few women who appeared under the header of "comedian" ever made me laugh, but thanks to the blogosphere, I've found some really funny ladies.

And anyone who knows me knows how much I appreciate intelligent people who aren't afraid to show just how intelligent they really are.

So, to those of you whose blogs I really like, I'll just say "thanks for being an integral part of my day, and for sharing your thoughts. They're well worth reading"

OK? How's that. Safe enough, right?

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww...how sweet! Glad I could oblige in making your day a little better, as you do the same for me! Have a good weekend!

    Annie =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Thanks. That is great to hear. Wait, let me check your blog roll here . . . hmm . . . someone is mysteriously missing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing that since you read mine you're lumping me in to that category. If so I am honored and flattered. (I'm only assuming since you leave comments) :)

    Right back at ya'.....you yourself have a lot of insight and intrigue; not to mention a sense of humor, which is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup...that's safe alright... especially since no one can really tell if they are one of rare blogs you "really like"! I'll assume I'm one of them...it will help my ego. : )
    Nice expresion of appreciation, Jimmy...really. And learning about people from the inside out is a great way to go.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!