Saturday, June 30, 2007

When Will It All End?


I was reading something on a website which made mention of a Rolling Stones tour. I thought it was an outdated article, but, no, the Stones are touring right now. It doesn't look like they're hitting the States for the time being, but they're out there performing.

Ok, this isn't a debate about the music of the Stones. I'm not interested in that at the moment. My question is just how much longer can these guys keep pulling it off? I mean, sooner or later, Jagger is gonna get so skinny and withered that you're not going to be able to tell the difference between him and the mic stand he dances with. And it's inevitable that one day, Keith Richards is going to strap on his guitar, and the weight of it is just going to cause his raggedy old body to crumble into dust.

Realistically, though, when exactly are they going to stop being a rock band, and be reduced to a sideshow exhibit? "See the Fossils in Concert tonight!"

4 comments:

  1. Seriously. I saw them in concert when I was about 16 and they were really old then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Will's dad is CRAZY about them. I think I'll have to figure out a way he can go see them someday.

    Although... I do wonder that myself. Will they be touring with him in a wheel chair? Just a thought lol

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be all that long before touring becomes a joke, if it isn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....I agree totally. (They need to change their outfits also) But then I was never really a fan.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!