Friday, December 15, 2006

What If's

I was doing the usual channel surfing, and wound up on one of those local "public access" type channels. There was some guy sitting there discussing religion. (I'll be honest, my first reason for stopping on this channel was that the guy was really weird looking, but I got the message)

Anyway, this guy was going on and on about Sin, Original Sin, and Sodom and Gomorrah. Scary "fire and brimstone" type stuff.

His lecture was odd, but somewhat interesting. It got me thinking: Just suppose every idea people like this guy, and a few of the more famous (or notorious) Religious Right types had were right on the mark. Suppose God really did do things like The Great Flood (Noah's Ark) and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Just for a minute, think as though He would do such things.

Man are we gonna get it. Any day soon, look out!

Scary thought, right?

Got me thinking about other things we talk about, but haven't really seen.

Suppose that men and women could switch bodies for a day or two. Women have always maintained that men are babies, and could never withstand the pain of being a woman, periods, childbirth, etc. But what would go on if it really did happen? And what would happen to life as we know it if a man did take her place, but came out of it saying, "No big, it was nothing?"

The horror!

And suppose just one time, that one Miss America was granted her wish for World Peace. What the heck would we do with all that free time? And where would the military be?

That could only be bad for men, I do believe. Just a hunch.

And what if men could never tell a lie? Ever again. Ever.

Sounds like paradise, right up to the moment the first poor slob is asked "Do these pants make me look fat?"

Or how about, "We never talk any more..."

"'Cause you're friggin boring me to death, and I'm sick of your whining!"

Wow that's scary.

I think I will take things as they are for the time being. Status Quo isn't such a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Interesting take on things!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!