Monday, January 12, 2009

Clarity 1993-1994

We got to do a lot of fun things together after our baby was born. We traveled around to the homes of some other couples who'd recently become parents; we finished designing the baby's bedroom; dealt with colic! Life was good.

We went through our first round of holidays with our new little one. I was finaly, finally going to get a chance to have the Christmas I'd been dreaming about for nearly my whole life.

I didn't think there was a better part of parenting than being able to share Christmas through the eyes of a child. I'd always enjoyed the joy in my parents' eyes through Christmases that were plentiful, some that were not and all those in between. I knew I wanted that. And I got it. I can't honestly say if I'll ever experience the joy quite the same way as that first time. She was my baby, and I was her Daddy. It didn't matter to me that most of the gift boxes were twice her size, and that, at 5 months, she had no idea what was going on. I was in my glory. And so was B.

The joy of those Holidays was to be short-lived though. Life had other plans for us.

5 comments:

  1. Darnit...you always leave us hanging! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy I don't want your wonderful life to change but I know it is now going to ~ and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:41 PM

    I just prey that the good times will soon be back to the majority. I love you very much and am happy to see this step of a new "era" of journaling. You have a big support group. Ly my Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that Christmas really was more enjoyable at 2 or 3, at 1, they do not really know what is going on - but it is fun for the parents :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holidays through the eyes of a child is truly a gift!
    xx
    lyb

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!