Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Yearing


I caught a pretty good break New Year's Eve. I have kids ranging in age from 9 to 15. 15 might be too "old" to do a lot of the things we had in the past, and 9 might be too young to enjoy some of the stuff the older ones might like.

Well, like I said, I caught a break. The oldest came home a couple of days before New Year's Eve and asked if we could consider a bowling party organized by a local complex. The 9 year old piped in, "Ohh yay, can we go bowling?"

Now I might have been afraid to suggest such a thing for fear of being a dork or something. Here they were, asking if I would mind doing it with them!

The place offered a package based on groups of 6. $85 included: unlimited bowling, shoe rental, 2 pizza pies, chips & pretzels, and 4 pitchers of soda. There were 6 of us including the 15-year-old's new boyfriend. (We like the guy, by the way). So I ended up doing something with the kids that they asked for, and we all enjoyed. Not bad, huh? And I didn't get called a dork! (well, at least not till now- fire away, wise guys)

6 comments:

  1. No dork name calling here, it sounds like you had a great time, and a good deal on the party!
    So there....;P

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! And your kids wanted to spend New Year's with their dad. That says something right there--like you're not a dork and they want to hang out with you.

    I bowled in the luxury of a living room on a Nintendo Wii; but probably not the same experience as the bowling alley. Good times....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that sounds fun! I would have enjoyed that too. :)

    What was your bowling average, Lippy? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh you like the new bf huh??? about time! :)

    I saw the pic you sent me from bowling!

    I love bowling -Wish I could have came along!!! :)~

    lyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! And you're not a dork...lol.

    Annie =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took the boy bowling at the end of the summer and he loved it. It is a great fun family activity! Kudos!
    xx
    LYB!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I won't lie about that!