We take our food responsibility very seriously here. We got a sick man to feed, my friends. We've consulted people from all over the globe, pastry chef from Paris, chefs from Italy, Germany and Switzerland (English food bites - trust me, I'm English) and oh, a couple of guys from Sheboygan. So after months of searching for recipes, experimenting and tweaking them to get them just right, last night Pop said this to me:
"You know, I have to say, for the first time in quite a while, I really enjoyed a supper. And I felt good, too."
So what was the culinary masterpiece that finally hit Pop in the Sweet Spot?
2 Oscar Meyer low-fat beef hot dogs on toasted buns, macaroni salad and potato salad. Store-bought salads, by the way.
Take that, Food Network.
I'll make Chicken Lippy. Here's the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 10 fluid ounces white wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 6 (6 ounce) fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
I'm still Stupid at times.